To our Finca Rosa Blanca Family,
Update: March 24, 2020
As of March 24, 2020 and until further notice, the hotel and restaurant, El Tigre Vestido, is open to guests.
During this difficult time, our heart goes out to Costa Rica and the world. Ours is a nation of spectacular resources – of rainforests and waterfalls, rolling coffee fields and active volcanoes. These natural wonders and a tapestry of traditions will await, when the world is ready for travel again.
Until then, stay healthy. (See our full March 24, 2020 update.)
Original Post: March 11, 2020
At Finca Rosa Blanca, the only thing more important to us than your experience here, is the safety of our guests and employees. So, what does that mean for your trip to Costa Rica?
We hope it will mean peace of mind. We want you to feel comfortable and confident during your stay at Finca Rosa Blanca. Travel should be a joy – something you eagerly await. So, whether you’ve already booked a trip or are still on the fence, this update’s for you.
The CDC: Coronavirus Recommendations When Traveling to Costa Rica
We’ve been carefully monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the guidance provided by the Costa Rican Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and other public health organizations.
The CDC provides travel notices based on potential health risks by country. As of March 11, 2020, Costa Rica is not on the CDC’s list of countries to avoid. The CDC does not recommend postponing or canceling travel here.
If you choose to proceed with your trip to Costa Rica, the CDC recommends a few sensible precautions:
- Clean your hands often, preferably with soap and water (20+ seconds) or, in the absence of fresh water, with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol.
- Avoid contact with sick people. Do not travel if you’re sick.
- Pay attention to your health for two weeks following travel. See your doctor if you notice signs of cold or flu.
Now, about that peace of mind.
Health & Safety at Finca Rosa Blanca
At Finca Rosa Blanca, we’ve always prioritized your health. Given current circumstances, we’ve taken the following measures to help ensure your ongoing health and safety:
- Public Spaces: We have enhanced our cleaning procedures at the Front Desk, in shared restrooms, and in other public spaces, to deep-clean and disinfect twice daily.
- El Tigre Vestido Restaurant: In addition to cleaning at every table change, we are disinfecting the restaurant twice daily.
- Guest Rooms: We have doubled our cleaning and disinfecting of guest rooms, now twice daily.
- Hand Sanitizer: We have made hand sanitizer available in all public spaces.
- Signage: Per Costa Rican Ministry of Health recommendations, we have added signage to public restrooms and other shared spaces, regarding the best way to wash hands.
Note: We use biodegradable, Earth-friendly disinfectant.
Updated: Finca Rosa Blanca Cancellation Policy
We really do believe that travel should be a joy – something to look forward to, not something you feel obliged to do.
With this in mind, we’ve updated our hotel cancellation policy. If you’re traveling within the next 15 days, we are happy to rebook your travel with no fees, during our upcoming green season (May 1 through November 14, 2020).
If your international flight to Costa Rica has been cancelled due to coronavirus, and you would prefer to cancel your stay with us, we will also provide a full refund.
That said, please know that as of March 11, 2020, Costa Rica’s airports are functioning, attractions are open, tours are operating, and travel is unrestricted. Your vacation awaits!
At Finca Rosa Blanca, we are committed to your safety. We’ll stay in regular contact with local and international agencies and health organizations. And, when appropriate, we’ll share updates.
Thank you for your patience and your trust, especially under the circumstances. If you have any questions, please get in touch. We are happy to help.